Leh, Jammu And Kashmir Climate & Temperature
- Leh, Jammu And Kashmir, India is at 34°8'N, 77°34'E, 3514 m (11529 ft). See map.
- Leh, Jammu And Kashmir has a mid-latitude desert/ arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Leh, Jammu And Kashmir is situated in or near the boreal desert biome.
- The annual average temperature is 5.5 degrees Celsius (41.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25 °C (45°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 117 mm (4.6 inches) which is equivalent to 117 Litres/m² (2.87 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Leh, Jammu And Kashmir you would come out nearest to the climate station at Isla De Pascua-Mataveri, Chile where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Leh, Jammu And Kashmir, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dir, Pakistan - 535.6 kms (332.8 miles) WNW
- Balakot, Pakistan - 388.3 kms (241.3 miles) W
- Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India - 251.7 kms (156.4 miles) W
- Peshawar, Pakistan - 549.7 kms (341.6 miles) W
- Murree, Pakistan - 386.3 kms (240.1 miles) W
- Islamabad, Pakistan - 416.5 kms (258.8 miles) W
- Jhelum, Pakistan - 381.6 kms (237.1 miles) WSW
- Sialkot, Pakistan - 336.3 kms (209 miles) WSW
- Amritsar, India - 376.6 kms (234 miles) SW
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan - 418.1 kms (259.8 miles) SW
- Ludhiana, India - 395.9 kms (246 miles) SSW