Leh, Jammu And Kashmir Climate & Temperature
- Leh, Jammu And Kashmir, India is at 34°8'N, 77°34'E, 3514 m (11529 ft). See map.
- Leh, Jammu And Kashmir has a mid-latitude desert/ arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Leh, Jammu And Kashmir is situated in or near the boreal desert biome.
- The average annual temperature is 5.5 degrees Celsius (41.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25 °C (45°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 117 mm (4.6 inches) which is equivalent to 117 Litres/m² (2.87 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Leh, Jammu And Kashmir you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Isla De Pascua-Mataveri, Chile where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Leh, Jammu And Kashmir Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Leh, Jammu And Kashmir Climate Graph in Metric Units
Leh, Jammu And Kashmir Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Leh, Jammu And Kashmir, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Leh, Jammu And Kashmir, India
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dir, Pakistan - 535.6 kms (332.8 miles) WNW
- Balakot, Pakistan - 388.3 kms (241.3 miles) W
- Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India - 251.7 kms (156.4 miles) W
- Peshawar, Pakistan - 549.7 kms (341.6 miles) W
- Murree, Pakistan - 386.3 kms (240.1 miles) W
- Islamabad, Pakistan - 416.5 kms (258.8 miles) W
- Jhelum, Pakistan - 381.6 kms (237.1 miles) WSW
- Sialkot, Pakistan - 336.3 kms (209 miles) WSW
- Amritsar, India - 376.6 kms (234 miles) SW
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan - 418.1 kms (259.8 miles) SW
- Ludhiana, India - 395.9 kms (246 miles) SSW